So here is what i have so far. I feel good about its progress.

Scottdanoob

so basically i have stage 1 laid out. just need to add a projectile weapon to the character. and then im working on stage 2. its about a kid who gets his kids kidnapped by aliens and decides to rescue them. it will be a quick game (4-6 stages). i still need to finish the hud and at this point its one hit game over.

TurtleRescueNES

You're off to a good start! I like the sprite of your main character.

My only piece of advice right now is be mindful that many older CRT televisions will not show the very bottom row of tiles completely. So you may want to make the bottom wall an extra layer thick so the player can find any doorways.

Good luck!

Scottdanoob

jsherman said:
You're off to a good start! I like the sprite of your main character.

My only piece of advice right now is be mindful that many older CRT televisions will not show the very bottom row of tiles completely. So you may want to make the bottom wall an extra layer thick so the player can find any doorways.

Good luck!
thanks that's an easy fix.

Scottdanoob

Dirk said:
Looks like a piece of crap and I mean it as a compliment.

thanks.
i had to look up some asm codes that dale put up, but i was able to create a projectile woo. now i just need to make the bullets dissapear when they hit other things besides monsters

dale_coop

Staff member
Scottdanoob said:
now i just need to make the bullets dissapear when they hit other things besides monsters

Set the "Edge object reaction" and the "Solid object reaction" of your projectile object to "Destroy Me" (= destroy the object that execute the script, here, the projectile ;))

Scottdanoob

dale_coop said:
Scottdanoob said:
now i just need to make the bullets dissapear when they hit other things besides monsters

Set the "Edge object reaction" and the "Solid object reaction" of your projectile object to "Destroy Me" (= destroy the object that execute the script, here, the projectile ;))
thanks btw here is an updated rom file
i gave him telekenitic powers. i wont be able to do much more until tuesday but i plan on giving the bosses fire and stuff and working on stage 2 of the game. i also want to give the aliens a power up to for the stage two levels. but next week im going to make the hud graphics

Scottdanoob

its like pulsing balls. the only issue i have right now is the hud doesnt update health when i get hit instantly, when i go to another screen it updates, but not on the screen where the action is. im also looking into what other guys have done for projectiles here as i want to do that too for the bosses i have( the dragon and the poo)

Scottdanoob

So got an updated rom file you ya. i have about two more levels to make but most of the mechanics are done. my next biggest issue is making a song and how to do sound effects in famitracker that dont go on forever lol

Scottdanoob

I got a lot done, but yeah two more levels left. a shoots no sound yet cause famitracker is weird to me still im used to traditional music making software

Top Bottom