D-Society Expanded Demo (Horror, Mature)

Hey everyone!

So I posted the initial demo in the Finished Games board (don't know why, as I was unsatisfied with it) but decided to up the latest version here instead.

This is a horror themed game, where I really want to expand on a detailed story, however I want to leave in enough gaps for you to make your minds up yourselves.

Still going to go with the multiple endings bit, but for this version there is really only one. Figured wouldn't be a complete demo without at least one boss fight. If you played
the first version I uploaded, I hope you jump into this one as well.

Halloween is coming up shortly, so play it ya dickbags!

If you get to the final screen, share a screenshot. I am curious to who will be able to make it to the end as I am afraid very few will be able to.

All feedback is encouraged and welcomed. PC4PC.

FIXED: HEALTH BUG, A FEW SOLID TILE PLACEMENTS.

Working on the checkpoint Tiles, still having issues.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• D-Society Demo 1.1.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 130

Pauldalyjr

Awesome game! Not sure which ending this was. Crazy boss battle, well done.
20181027-152416.jpg

Pauldalyjr said:
Awesome game! Not sure which ending this was. Crazy boss battle, well done.
20181027-152416.jpg

If you defeat the boss, you should will get to the
Second level. As a hint, if you find your wife, you
Made it as far as you can go.

Thanks for playing! Hopefully you obtained the gun
Before fighting the demon head thingy, otherwise
It’s almost impossible to beat.

CutterCross

I don't think this counts as an ending, but I think I found heaven! Haha

rmqNQaP.png

And as soon as I start exploring this area I got stuck in a wall... Of course.

K3VT8gn.png

CutterCross said:
I don't think this counts as an ending, but I think I found heaven! Haha

rmqNQaP.png

And as soon as I start exploring this area I got stuck in a wall... Of course.

K3VT8gn.png

Hahahaha well shit, forgot to solid those tiles, ignore those I’ll fix em in the next version. But you escaped the game so I guess you can say you did in fact get the best ending hahaha

CutterCross

CloserClover said:
Hahahaha well shit, forgot to solid those tiles, ignore those I’ll fix em in the next version. But you escaped the game so I guess you can say you did in fact get the best ending hahaha

Hahaha works for me!

Awesome concept dude! I like the puzzles in this game. Although maybe you could add a checkpoint or two since that boss fight was kinda unforgiving. It got a bit annoying having to go back through the whole thing again just for another attempt (with the gun).

Also the health seems bugged out. Once you lose more than 3 health and get a powerup it never goes back above 3 health.

CutterCross said:
CloserClover said:

Hahaha works for me!

Awesome concept dude! I like the puzzles in this game. Although maybe you could add a checkpoint or two since that boss fight was kinda unforgiving. It got a bit annoying having to go back through the whole thing again just for another attempt (with the gun).

Also the health seems bugged out. Once you lose more than 3 health and get a powerup it never goes back above 3 health.

Yeah wanted to put a checkpoint in right after the boss fight but not sure how to pull it from the platform to the adventure module. Not the best with the scripts just yet.

The health thing I have been trying to fix, just not sure what variable I have to change.

Also trying to figure out what palettes affect object items. Sometimes it works, then doesn’t. Hoping later versions help with these things also.

Any help would be great, and thanks again for your feedback!

dale_coop

Staff member
CloserClover said:
Yeah wanted to put a checkpoint in right after the boss fight but not sure how to pull it from the platform to the adventure module. Not the best with the scripts just yet.
I think you could just, in “Project settings > Script settings”, assign an unused tile type to the checkpoint.asm script and set its label in the “Project Labels” tab. It should work as it.

CloserClover said:
The health thing I have been trying to fix, just not sure what variable I have to change.
In the Powerup_IncreaseHealth.asm script you need to modify the CMP #$04 line
(Currently, when PowerUp, the limit you can reach is set to 4... change it to whatever you want).

CloserClover said:
Also trying to figure out what palettes affect object items. Sometimes it works, then doesn’t. Hoping later versions help with these things also.
All the “Game Objects” use the subpalettes of the player.
You can’t use or set another one. It will always use the subpalettes that are assigned to the Player.
So for the GameOjects you can just set if you want to use the subPal#1 or the subPal#2 (of your Player’s).

dale_coop said:
CloserClover said:
I think you could just, in “Project settings > Script settings”, assign an unused tile type to the checkpoint.asm script and set its label in the “Project Labels” tab. It should work as it.

CloserClover said:
In the Powerup_IncreaseHealth.asm script you need to modify the CMP #$04 line
(Currently, when PowerUp, the limit you can reach is set to 4... change it to whatever you want).

CloserClover said:
All the “Game Objects” use the subpalettes of the player.
You can’t use or set another one. It will always use the subpalettes that are assigned to the Player.
So for the GameOjects you can just set if you want to use the subPal#1 or the subPal#2 (of your Player’s).

Damn thanks for the info. Going to dick around a bit tonight and see what I am do.

Pauldalyjr

Hopefully you obtained the gun

I tried it with no gun a couple times. I agree, impossible. I keep getting frozen on the demon head, not sure if I'm dying or I beat him. I have yet to get to this green board I see, I will keep trying. This is will put together, I really like the layout and animations.

Pauldalyjr said:
Hopefully you obtained the gun

I tried it with no gun a couple times. I agree, impossible. I keep getting frozen on the demon head, not sure if I'm dying or I beat him. I have yet to get to this green board I see, I will keep trying. This is will put together, I really like the layout and animations.

If you beat the demon boss it should expose the next level. For some reason, about 50% of the time when you are killed by it, the game freezes. It's a bug I have no control over but will hopefully get resolved in later versions.

I also tried to add a checkpoint, but still having some issues. Checkpoint tile changes and works cosmetically, but that's it.

I will upload a fixed version tonight though, as I found a couple tiles that I need to solid out.

Keep going at it, I have yet to see anyone find their "wife" yet for the end screen.

Top Bottom