Cursed Bushido (Platformer Module)

Simple single screen test of platformer module after I finally got the ROM to load. Gonna be fun to mess around with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G9fIjVQCb0&feature=youtu.be

dale_coop

Staff member
Very nice! Love your video, the colors, the characters <3
For the death animation, I think you should uncheck « alt physics », else the sprite « falls » to bottom left.

Mihoshi20

Loving it. Game is looking very sharp (Mo pun intended.). I could have easily seen this game on the NES back in the day.

MistSonata

dark_crow_66 said:
Thanks Dale. I was wondering what I accidentally clicked to make him slide on death.

Try going into System\Routines\HandlePlayerDeath.asm and inserting
Code:
 LDA #$00
 STA Object_movement,x

Right after the line "CreateObject temp, temp1, #$08, #$00".

Your code should look like this:
Code:
HandlePlayerDeath:
	TXA
	STA tempx
	TYA 
	STA tempy
	;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
	LDX player1_object
	LDA Object_x_hi,x
	STA temp
	LDA Object_y_hi,x
	STA temp1
	CreateObject temp, temp1, #$08, #$00
	;; new code here!
	LDA #$00 
 	STA Object_movement,x
 	;; end new code
	;; need to do this redundantly, otherwise, the death object will be in same slot as player
	LDX player1_object
	DeactivateCurrentObject
	;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
	StopSound
	;PlaySound #$00, #$00
	LDA #$FF
	STA player1_object

LDX tempx
	LDY tempy
	RTS

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Good instinct! But, that, if using the physics engine, will still deal with "deceleration", so if the speed was MORE than #$00 for some reason when it's created, it would continue to move, and just begin to decelerate as if you're not pushing the button.

I would suggest this, but ALSO, you could load #$00 and:

Code:
STA Object_h_speed_lo,x
STA Object_h_speed_hi,x
STA Object_v_speed_lo,x
STA Object_v_speed_hi,x

Depending on other settings you might have set up, this may or may not be necessary. But if movement is turned off, and speed is hardcoded set to 0, that should definitely stop it from moving.

darkhog

Really cool. One thing I would try graphics-wise is to work on trees. You could use paths for them (as shown in one tutorial videos), they'd look better. Looks good though!

Latest preview of Cursed Bushido. Presenting a little of Level 2.

https://youtu.be/0Vzuy8_N5gM

Attachments

• game-56.png
    game-56.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,924
  • game-59.png
    game-59.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 2,924
  • game-57.png
    game-57.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 2,924

Mihoshi20

I get the feeling this game is going to get a bit of attention when it's finished and become the poster child for NESmaker. I hope it gets shown off that the launch event.

Mihoshi20 said:
I get the feeling this game is going to get a bit of attention when it's finished and become the poster child for NESmaker. I hope it gets shown off that the launch event.

Thanks Mohoshi20. I'm really enjoying making this game. Hopefully, my finished project will be good and everyone watching can enjoy it.

BaddTaste83

Great work so far. I'm pretty excited for this game because I'm into platforming games the most. This game from the pics that I've seen thus far has a legend of kage feel to it. At least from the Sprite of the character. It looks really good. Good luck and keep up the good work

Top Bottom