Robot Killer

darkhog

tdeZCNY.png

A game where you kill robots. No download yet, but will try in future. And here's first enemy, the robot from the title screen:

glLcQwg.png

Don't worry about bad fireball placement (doesn't show in this pic, but the robot shoots it from the top-left corner of his sprite). It will be fixed.

darkhog

Changed the hud a bit:
qrw7zWF.png

Not only it looks better, but I've managed to save two HUD tiles that would normally be used for the bottom/right joiners due to the fact the joiners I've made are perfectly centered.

Bucket Mouse

Little advice: that floor tile pattern is uncomfortably noisy; I would leave it flat grey or do something minimal. Here it's actually noisier than the walls, which get lost in the design as a result.

darkhog

Yeah, I was going for hex tile patterns (honeycomb), but couldn't pull it off. Will try to rework it later.

//edit: How does it look now?
AmDPmKG.png

darkhog

Now the game has music in it! No sounds yet, I'll make them once I have music done.

https://youtu.be/lgnDc7Q4LT8

tornotlukin

A hex repeats here. This may be too rectangular, but the idea may work in a square container. Keep the "grout" color close to the "floor" color to lessen the eye impact with the rest of patterns in the scene.
honeycomb-repeat.jpg

darkhog

Yeah, but I wanted smaller one that doesn't fill entire 16x16 area. About the size of that "grid" I've ended up using.

tornotlukin

Sure, no matter how many little hexes live in the 16x16, as long as the edges have half a hex, and on the same row on the other side of the tile, the other half, it will repeat fine. This goes with the top and bottom of the tile as well.

darkhog said:
Yeah, but I wanted smaller one that doesn't fill entire 16x16 area. About the size of that "grid" I've ended up using.

darkhog

Yeah, I know how hexes work. Try pixeling it inside 8x8 square so roughly 4 would go into 16x16 tile though.

darkhog

Thanks, actually I've made entire HUD font like this. Yeah, this means that palette has to be monochromatic, but it look really good.

Top Bottom