Stellarator - Beta Version

Austin

This is a demo / beta of a Sci-fi adventure game. You play as Rake Bravo, a subversive conceptual artist stuck on a space station after performing his latest stunt. Solve the mystery of Alcyon Outpost to free your ship from impound and blast off to broader artistic horizons!

Notes:
This is about as far as this game is going to go in NESmaker 4.0.7. Any feedback will be appreciated, but in terms of further bug fixes, it's probably going to wait for the next major update.

The two main ones to be aware of right now are the HUD occasionally doing some weird stuff, and the character falling off the map. The first usually works more or less in the player's favor. The second will probably require a reset.

But barring that, it's a playable / winnable game. Hopefully it's fun. See what you think!

--Austin

EDIT: new version - still the two main bugs, but added better collisions for the projectiles, and a screen that resets the game when it flips out, so you don't have to put the controller down . ;-P
View attachment StellaratorDemoV21b.zip

Older version:
View attachment StellaratorDemoV21.zip

Had a quick play and this is best looking game so far. Main feedback - Music started to get on my nerves as it played same short tune over and over, movement was sometimes tricky as no diagonal movement.

dale_coop

Staff member
Oh WOW! Thank you Josh.
Will play tomorrow or this weekend. Definitely want to make free time for this game <3

MistSonata

I think I ran into a soft-lock. Not sure what I did wrong, but I got the macrothingy before getting the food from hydroponics, and now pressing B pulls up the "Please enter food components" text no matter where I am in the laboratory room (without doing anything to progress the game), unless I'm touching the chef guy or the blue circle that pulls up that day's menu. I don't know if I just need another ingredient or anything, or if there's something I'm missing.

Austin

MistSonata said:
I don't know if I just need another ingredient or anything, or if there's something I'm missing.

No, it's just the two things, but that's a good one - I haven't seen that bug before. Will try to reproduce. And just thought of a way to have it give a different message when you have everything you need. Thank you!

Gazimaluke

Really great use of pallettes. I played it on RetroArch on my phone so I had a hard time navigation :p Kept it up.

Top Bottom