Concept Images for Unnamed Project

BlueyLewis

Been playing around with pixel art for a while. I wanted to share some mockups I've made over the past year of a game I've been thinking about. Would be maybe a simple metroid-vania, or maybe a banjo-kazooie type collectathon, with platform puzzles to collect the goodies.

So let me reiterate, these are not images of a working game, but mockups I made in photoshop. Clearly lots of influence from Kirby. These were some of the first things I drew when I started learning pixel art. Was using references out the wazoo, and hadn't developed my own style yet. In hindsight some of these look too similar to the reference material. Haven't played with nesmaker yet, so I'm not sure how much of this is actually repeatable in an actual NES game. Though even back when I started I was sticking to the NES palette. Curious about what people think.
8notFz7.png

QjzM9lu.png

rETD1kM.png

Q7AjHtO.png

Gazimaluke

I looks nice but I think the graphics would need to be somewhat downgraded. Or maybe just reworked a bit. There are many spots where there are more than four colors in a single 8x8 tile for example. But gorgeous pixel art none the less.

Dirk

Kirby is a great inspiration for me too. My first game will probably resemble Super Mario 1 more than Kirby though, because of my art skills ;-)
Your mock-ups look great and I'm curious how your first game will look like.

Top Bottom