NESmaker was officially launched!

Bucket Mouse

Well, no one's been notified. Normally we get Emails from 8Bit whenever an update happens. The launch would presumably have new features and a new video explaining them. I don't think that stuff is up....but feel free to prove me wrong.

Bucket Mouse

Mihoshi20 said:
They actually did a livestream. Sorta impromptu basics tutorial.

Where was it? It's not on their YouTube channel.
And has anything changed about the basic mechanics?

Mihoshi20

Bucket Mouse said:
Mihoshi20 said:

It was direct through facebook which made it a bit clunky, but essentially everything is pretty much the same.

Mihoshi20 said:
Bucket Mouse said:
Mihoshi20 said:

It was direct through facebook which made it a bit clunky, but essentially everything is pretty much the same.

Are they still doing things on Facebook? Why not doing it on Youtube? Guess I'm the only anti-Facebook guy out there. Any other way we can have access to that?

Mihoshi20

vrbandwagon said:
Mihoshi20 said:
Bucket Mouse said:

Are they still doing things on Facebook? Why not doing it on Youtube? Guess I'm the only anti-Facebook guy out there. Any other way we can have access to that?

No, you're not. I got on facebook specifically for the nesmaker group and only because creepy uncle zuckerberg got wise to me viewing the group without a login. The stream ended a bit back but it's archived on the page in full.

Great to know I'm not the only one.

Anyway, I really hope the NESmaker team step up their game. That was literally a "soft launch". It seems quite a bit underwhelming to me. I remember Mr. Granato mentioning that he would have to send every activation key one by one, so I understand that part might take a bit of time, but I'm not sure why the launch was only happening on Zuckbook.

Or maybe it's just a matter of time difference. I don't know. It's already evening on the 9th for me, and no NESmaker under the tree yet... So, I've been making a mock map of all 256 screens in Gimp and trying to have all my levels and sprites prepared for the great transition.

Bucket Mouse

vrbandwagon said:

Anyway, I really hope the NESmaker team step up their game. That was literally a "soft launch". It seems quite a bit underwhelming to me. I remember Mr. Granato mentioning that he would have to send every activation key one by one, so I understand that part might take a bit of time, but I'm not sure why the launch was only happening on Zuckbook.

Or maybe it's just a matter of time difference. I don't know. It's already evening on the 9th for me, and no NESmaker under the tree yet... So, I've been making a mock map of all 256 screens in Gimp and trying to have all my levels and sprites prepared for the great transition.

Were you a backer? if so, you can just go to the site and download 4.0 -- no waiting required. I don't know if you were a backer or not.

Bucket Mouse said:
vrbandwagon said:

Were you a backer? if so, you can just go to the site and download 4.0 -- no waiting required. I don't know if you were a backer or not.

No, I wasn't a backer. I found about the project just a few weeks ago. Thank God, because I could've never waited as long as all the backers!

So for me, the issue is not about getting the software as soon as possible, I can wait. It's just that for a project that gained so much attention and got a really successful kickstarter, I was expecting at least a video acknowledging the launch and maybe an mass e-mail announcement. Again, maybe all these things are coming, just not in time for the official August 8 release date.

MistSonata

Mihoshi20 said:
vrbandwagon said:
Mihoshi20 said:

No, you're not. I got on facebook specifically for the nesmaker group and only because creepy uncle zuckerberg got wise to me viewing the group without a login. The stream ended a bit back but it's archived on the page in full.

Dale also posted the stream on Youtube here

Top Bottom