assingbanks.asm 90 value out of range

SeaFoodAndButter

Re: assingbanks.asm 90 value out of range

Post by SeaFoodAndButter » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 am

dale_coop wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 am
Or try to import the txt file music from the betaAssets\music\ folder, in NESMaker.
You may have more luck...
OK, Thanks!
Thanks for any help, I'm a rookie at this!
elisavage

Post by elisavage » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:09 am

Am I missing something, or is this still a problem that isn't resolved? I get the "Routines\System\AssignBanks.asm(90): Value out of range." too, but I had not changed any sound files. It was working yesterday and now I get that error for any .MST I load. Does anyone know what would be requesting a value from AssignBanks.asm that is returning the error. I tried replacing all of he files with fresh ones from the zip file, it wrote over the old files, except for the ones that I made (project files etc) and I still get the error. I would assume it was a problem with my project file/assets, but the problem occurs across .MSTs so it would have to be a change to a file that all of the projects use? Pretty stumped.
cargo

Post by cargo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:39 am

It turned out that for elis case AssignBanks.asm was missing from his Nesmaker folder. Re-installing NESMaker solved his problem.
chronosv2

Post by chronosv2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:46 am

Yeah, for some reason overzealous antivirus programs false positive some NESMaker files and destroy them. I've heard tales of antivirus programs wiping out large groups of files from the GameEngineData folder.
ASM/C# Coder -- Computer + Coffee = Code
ASM Tutorial Series
jakenastysnake

Post by jakenastysnake » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:19 pm

I was getting this same error when trying to Export & Test. I was able to fix it a different way in case anybody else runs into this. In my project folder under GraphicAssets, I had been playing around with making some tilesets and saved over the original BckCHR_01.bmp file. Either it was sized improperly or I didn't convert the tiles correctly, but anyway, all I did was replace it with the ORIGINAL BckCHR_01.bmp file in the GraphicAssets folder. Hope this helps.