Streaming on Twitch

DChilders84

Didn't know where else to ask this question, but what are the restrictions to streaming game creation with NES Maker during the Beta phase?

I assume since we didn't have to sign an NDA, it's okay. I only ask because I am also involved with Star Citizen, and they have a test group known as the Evocati that sign an NDA and are not allowed to share any information about the testing they do, which includes streaming (obviously).

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Great question. I mean, obviously, I'm a little gun shy. I'm excited for people to see it in action, however...since it's beta, and limited, I don't want people to misunderstand and be under the false impression that "this is all it can do". So I have mixed feelings about this, if that makes sense. But hey, use your judgment. I think good disclaimers in the spirit of being excited, after you've worked through it a bit and figured out how some things worked is fine. :)

DChilders84

Copy that. Will refrain until I've become more familiar with the tool and will be sure to let folks know that it is in beta development.

erockbrox

Dude I think you are over thinking it. Just enjoy using the program and make something cool.

Don't be like "dear Joe, I want to bring NES maker beta to my class for show and tell.... am I allowed to do that and do I have your personal permission" .

Mihoshi20

I think it's important to note that this is a very early beta and doesn't really represent NESMaker's full potential. Some people on the stream with an interest in it might see it in it's rough around the edges form and be turned off by it and be like 'whew, glad I dodged that bullet if this is what it turned out to be.'

I think the original poster was being courteous, in-case the devs wanted it more under wraps during the closed beta until it's a bit more polished for prime time.

DChilders84

erockbrox said:
Dude I think you are over thinking it. Just enjoy using the program and make something cool.

Don't be like "dear Joe, I want to bring NES maker beta to my class for show and tell.... am I allowed to do that and do I have your personal permission" .

This is Joe's baby. Out of respect for him and his product, I asked a valid question. You can keep your negativity to yourself.

Top Bottom