Start learning today = which tutorial to choose

Kajika

hello everybody,

I start today my learning of nesmakers, and there are a lot of differents tutorials.
Can you help me, guide me what is th best for start, knowing i use the last version of NM, and i never used another.
the youtube channel offer 4 diffents playlists of tuto...

Thnas to all

dale_coop

Staff member
I would suggest those: http://nesmakers.com/viewforum.php?f=25

The "Gettings started", you will learn everything about the tool, the user interface, how to setup your projects...
Then, the "wedNESday: NESmaker Adventure Game Tutorial", compelte tutorial how to make a game with the Adventure module.
Then, the "wedNESday: NESmaker Platformula Tutorial", compelte tutorial how to make a game with the Platform module.

MrElephant

This is technically in the beta forum, so shouldn't the OP be following the beta tutorials?

If you just posted in here by accident, then yes-follow Dale's guidelines (follow what he says 99% of the time). Otherwise, if you are actually using pie, then check out the video "NESMAKER 0-(PI Beta) The Basics of the Interface".

Personally, I wouldn't suggest using pie because you'll have to eventually upgrade your game, and this requires a lot of hassle, but whatever floats your boat.

-Mr.Elephant

Kajika

I use the version4.
I dont know what is "pi", someone can help me?
(I saw pi in the tutorials, but i dont understood )

dale_coop

Staff member
The current version of NESMaker is 4.
But because you posted in the beta section, they thought maybe you want to use the old beta version (the last beta was the 3.14 « pi » version).

Kajika

Ok, Thanks.
So i m sorry but i posted it on bêta.
(I didnt know beta was finsihed, i thank the program keep beta for a long time.
So the v4 is à gold version ?
Thanks dale coop

dale_coop

Staff member
Yeah the official current version is the 4.0.11 (cf the official website)
We are waiting for the release of the next version, the 4.1 (soon?) which will have a lot of changes.

Top Bottom