A couple of general questions...

digitalbooty

Will the music player for NESMaker ever support effects? Is it a work in progress or is it just stuck the way it is now?

Is there going to be continued support by the creators here, or are they kind of signing out? I've noticed a few people have already had concerns about this. I just picked up the software and the kazzo flasher a few days ago, I'm stoked to get into everything, but I feel like I keep running into more and more limitations (ie, no effects in music, no scrolling, etc...) that won't be remedied without learning to code. I'm not completely against learning, but it's just not what I initially thought this product was going to be. I'm not trying be negative, because more than anything, I want to finish a game I'm proud of and I think this tool gives me the best chance of doing that, I just had some concerns. Thanks

CutterCross

NESmaker uses the GGsound engine for music, which does not support any effects besides Bxx. Also keep in mind that the way NESmaker currently uses GGsound isn't perfect and will probably be refined in the future. For example, GGsound by itself supports the Bxx effect, but the way NESmaker uses GGsound does NOT. NESmaker currently does not support any effects at all, and has a bunch of other constraints when it comes to music which GGsound by itself does not have.

The NESmaker team doesn't really use the forums much, but they do post a lot of updates on their Facebook group. They've been hard at work trying to roll out Ver. 4.1.0, which WILL support horizontal scrolling and update a lot of other stuff. It's just taking a long time because they want 4.1.0 to be more stable before releasing it.

Top Bottom