Text on a screen

since I copied CutterCross's cutscene scripting from his video - I'm making a capcom styled text splash screen to put some info like Megaman 4's here as in this screenshot

Mega Man 4 (USA)-0 upscaled.png

he did said in the topic of his this can be used as splash screens but how?

I also need the full font rip of MegaMan 4 so I can use them in my game in case there's some talk from either Dr. Annabelle or Dr. Maria (his new AI computer)

So how I can just do text on a screen without the typing effect?

cargo

spam bots yandex
At this point in time there is no easy straightforward way to do text the way you want to use it. Currently you could make the text as background tiles but you are limited to what you can fit to the background tiles you assign to the screen. The game would have to skip the start screen and use overworld screens as title cards. You could also make some clever tile triggers for monster textboxes. You would also have to devise a way to change the screen (eg, triggger the "warp to" feature in some way). Supposedly some smart people have figured out a way to warp to screen automatically without user input but I am still at a loss about how to do this myself in the latest NESMaker. I am sure this will improve in the future but for now the best you can do is look at the cutscene discussions found in other forum threads.

Top Bottom