Random visual glitches on single screen.

https://youtu.be/jo7rpiIP23E

Doesn't do this anywhere else in the game and for whatever reason i only get these glitches if the Kaijin enemy is removed. (the 2x3 sized humanoid.)

it's weird as his behaviours really aren't that different from the tutorial enemies, he's just one tile taller.

i should add that if i build a new screen and add just that one enemy, it glitches out just like the video again.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Hm - very odd! It only happens on this one screen? If you place the same monsters on a different screen, does it also glitch?

A few things I’d check - make sure they all have solid and edge reaction types set to *reaction 1”, and that their end animation/end action states are set.

Also - did you delete any monsters from the hierarchy?

If this persistes and we can’t figure it out, I’d like to see the file. Thanks for the report!

SOLVED!

it was a deleted monster from the registry.
i rewound back to a previous save before i did any additional monsters, built the same one, and it works no problem.

UPDATE: as soon as i started playing with the timer settings it started the glitches over again.
it seems the number that breaks it is 3 in my case.

Rob Burrito

i had a monster mess with some graphics too, after removing placement on the overworld screen (no help) then removing the group from the screen info/day monsters (no help) was able to get rid of them by right clicking the screen/monster placement details/diable all monsters, haven't replaced them yet, but it was four of the same and seemed like monster #1 causing some issues where some monster tiles appeared in the HUD.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there - it is possible that you might get some strange behaviors from a few of the values in action timers (i noticed a problem when I put it to 1)...there SHOULDN'T be a problem, but I'm teching through it now. For now, keep this as zero (which adds the randomness) and that problem should be ok.

If a monster appears in the HUD, yes, make sure they are all disabled.

Lastly, as a test, if you have any monsters appearing on the first gameplay screen, remove them, and see if this fixes the issue.

Thanks

Top Bottom