I can't get fades to work

Bucket Mouse

I was trying to make my title screen colors flash, as shown here:
https://youtu.be/ZRNqhP72oRU

I copied that exact ASM code and saved it in "Code Scripts," as well as the "Macros.asm" so it would know what to do. When "Macros" is in the code, it refuses to compile, but when it's not in there, nothing happens.

Part of the problem is that there's no way to apply the fade code to the title screen. Nothing in the video shows how they did that part, and there's no button for it like there is in "Input Editor."

In case I get the answer "you can't do that yet".....then am I correct in assuming all we can do with the beta at this moment is what is shown in the 16 new tutorial videos, and nothing else -- even things shown off in pre-beta videos?

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
As stated repeatedly in the updates, much of the engine functionality itself has been stripped out as we reorganize the data and reimplement things piece by piece to make the engine seen in those earlier videos more versatile and accessible from the front end (as opposed to digging in the asm) which is why we suggest for the beta to stick very close to the tutorial set.

The macro for the fades should work mostly fine give or take a few caveats, assuming you know where to put it and how to use it. But it may not be intuitive, which is why we haven’t really shown it yet. The goal is to wire it in as part of the front end.

Top Bottom