I have no idea what i'm doing

IchibanGames

I am pretty much in hell at the moment. I have no idea what I am doing. I've seen the videos and everything that is talked about, I'm missing some sort of component or button, or like the famitracker stuff there's no txt file, or etc that supposedly the thing wants. I am really having a rough time. I feel like I'm the only one who is though. i've made a lot of games and really want to do this especially from buying this from Kickstarter. I'm just at a loss and so confused. It's not easy to to learn. I can only do so much on certain parts of the youtube tutorials. This is a stupid question but is there like a customer service line or something I can call. I need like a tech support walk through.

cargo

spam bots yandex
Hi there!

There's nothing like that but you can ask questions here, on the facebook public group, or at NESMaker's Discord server. Dale Coop is the unofficial NESMaker guru and all around nice guy here. I can't begin to count the many occasions he's helped me out.

That said there is a learning curve you need to ride so take your time and don't be afraid to use the options above to ask for help. Since you are starting out forget about monsters, tile types, famitracker etc. At least until you get more comfortable.

I would watch first the "NESMaker: Getting Started" video series at the 8bitHeroes youtube channel.

From there follow along with Joe with his Adventure youtube tutorial. The files to work this tutorial are included in your NESMaker folder.

If you still feel overwhelmed then I suggest you focus on creating your art. Make drawings if that helps you out. When you feel you are ready to get those into NESMaker then revisit the youtube videos I mentioned.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome IchibanGames,
I could completely understand how you could be... kinda lost, at first ;)
Take it easy, don't rush... and follow the tutorials step by step. And if you have issue, pause, and watch again or ask your question, we all was in your situation and found out, how to do, we can explain to you :)

As cargo said, a good start are the "NESMaker: Getting Started" video series at the 8bitHeroes youtube channel, then you would find a lot of explanation, how to do... in Adventure module tutorial video and the Platform module one.

Another advice would be to wait for the 4.1 version, that will be release very soon (next week?). There will be full tutorial series, with it, starting from the start and maybe more adapted for the newcomers.

What are your issues currently? making your player ? your graphic assets ? your monsters maybe ?
(for the famitracker txt, you can find samples ones in the "NESMaker\BetaAssets\Music\" folders)

I believe 4.1 will be out Wednesday, but don't quote me on that. (As I'm not entirely sure)
At any rate it'll be out Very soon.

Top Bottom