Strange issue with solid tiles

Bucket Mouse

I made a screen bordered by tiles registered as solid. When I push the sprite into one, instead of the sprite no longer moving, the sprite disappears and I hear an endless series of noises. Did I do something wrong, or is it a bug?

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you did NOT click the checkbox that says solid, but instead left those blank and used the solid tile type. Those checkboxes will cause all sorts of wierd issues now.

And don’t forget, if you update a tile in the tool, you have to repaint the screen with that uodate - the screen tool paints the current values, so just changing it in the hierarchy doesn’t fix it...you’ll have to overwrite the data on the screen itself by changing the tile then repainting.

Let me know if this is the issue!

I had similar issue due to mistakenly checking of solid box one tile. How, why, and when i checked the box? Who knows but unchecking the solid box worked for me. Then i just replaced so bad tile.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! We're likely posting a new version of the tool/engine tonight which will prevent this from being a problem. :)

Top Bottom