Can't Use Original FamiTracker Song

So I'm trying to add original FamiTracker songs to my game. I followed tutorials and added songs to my sound folders by loading the text file. Once loaded my song plays fine in the NES Maker editor, however when I run a test I get error message, "Error Compiling stuff...Please check any code changes you made."

Anyone have any idea why sound would play in editor, but gives an error message when trying to test?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 2,237

Kasumi

This video at timestamp 2 minutes 49 seconds says the game can fail to assemble when your song shares a label name with something already in the engine.
https://youtu.be/nRTRWwJu8jc?t=2m49s
Another issue is that it might be too big. Is it super long or filled with notes?

Do we know if on the txt file under the track name and columns, if we can only have one order? I noticed Mystic Searches songs only have one ORDER 00:. My song has ORDER 00: though ORDER 09. My song might be too long or complex.

Kasumi

You should definitely be allowed to have more than one ORDER. 9 is not enough that I think it'd cause size problems even in really extreme cases. If you're using DPCM samples, try removing them? If you're not, I have no idea. I'm sure Joe will have you send him the song to see what's up.

I think I figured out the problem. In the text files the names of the instruments had spaces between words. I removed spaces and it works now.

Top Bottom