Issue with enemy animation and placement

stevenshepherd

Hi, I have created an "enemy" which actually just some stationary, animated sprites.

It is a window with some lightning effects. I set it so that it "moves" in one a several directions. only a few of those trigger the lightning animation, thus creating a randomized lightning effect. However, in that it will also include tiles from my main character sprite, and in my character's palette and not the monster palette. Below is a video so you can see what is going on.

Also, I find that in order for this window to be placed properly in game, it needs to be placed 1 16x16 above that in the screen editor.

Any thoughts? thanks! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnJbKxKBR-c

MistSonata

I tried to replicate the bug, and it seems like the reason is that the number of frames between the animations are too different. Even setting one animation to 4 frames and the other to 6, it would still wig out. I got it to work by making both of the animations 6 frames. Try that out and see if it works for you.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
A few known, and fixed, bugs may be contributing, including anim/action end events sometimes beig incorrectly set, and action timer set to odd numbers being wonky. Both are fixed in the upcoming patch

stevenshepherd

Great thanks! :) also the advice from above seems to have fixed the problem. I have a better understanding now of how the animation commands work. I was definitely making it more complicated than it needed to be.

Top Bottom