Interacting with npcs

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
That's correct :)

The reason that's waiting is that the method is handled in the Screen Data bytes, which are appended to the collision data bytes. But that whole section of code is about to go through monumental overhaul (reducing collision bytes to nibbles, freeing up double the space...this way we can have the same number of screens, but get more info packed into those screens, with the sacrifice of more tile collision types). This means more hud flexibility, more monster placement flexibility, possibly even mixing and matching graphics across banks for screen data. And...better control of NPC data for the various states a screen gan be in (normal/triggered).

Not to mention, the text function itself needs to be rethought. The way it used to be handled was replacing the HUD. But since the hud is going to be more variable, we need to rework this a bit. I would anticipate that this will be rockin in the Memorial Day beta though, but don't hold me to that. Haha

stevenshepherd

ok great! In the meantime I might just get creative with warp tiles just for fun :)

Currently there is no easy way to manipulate the warp tile transitions correct (i.e., it just instantly takes you to a different screen)?

Bucket Mouse

TheNew8bitHeroes said:
Not to mention, the text function itself needs to be rethought. The way it used to be handled was replacing the HUD. But since the hud is going to be more variable, we need to rework this a bit. I would anticipate that this will be rockin in the Memorial Day beta though, but don't hold me to that. Haha

I may not be able to help myself. So many of my ideas depend on the ability to have text in the game...if we got it that early I'd love it.

Mihoshi20

It's going to be very exciting once HUD functions and text display is in. I'm also holding out for event/item checking. The key/trigger functions added are of course awesome if rudimentary, but it's going to be just as great when you pickup an item/talk to an NPC on one screen, then go to another and interact with an object/talk to another NPC and it perform a check if you have the item from the other screen or talked to the other NPC and if true then trigger an even.

Top Bottom