Issue with monsters lock

dale_coop

Staff member
Hi guys,
I have an issue with the monsters lock, when I try my monsters lock, the first time, with my monster 1, it works fine: I kill my monster 1 and the lock disappear.
Then, when I decide to change for my monster 2 (a duplicate of my monster 2, just a different color and move a little faster, I wanted to use this one as a guard or small boss), my lock don't disappear after I killed my monster.
My monster 1 and my monster 2 are in the same monsters group, assign to my screen.
Did anyone had same issue ? I will try to restart my projet and make some more tests tomorrow.

Rob Burrito

make sure they're both assigned to be monsters in object details/details/monster, with the monster box checked. might have missed it?

dale_coop

Staff member
They were both monsters (checked as it, in the details dialog).
I will try again in the afternoon (at my office now, but can’t stop thinking about NesMaker).

dale_coop

Staff member
Ok, I couldn't stop thinking about it, si I connected to my home pc (iMac in fact) at distance to test something.
I found my issue : to remove my monster 1 of my screen, I use the "Reset all placements" menu (on right-click), and then I put my monster 2 where I wanted.
But it is wrong, "Reset all placements" doesn't remove all monsters from the screen (as I thought), when I checked with "Edit monster placements details" I see all my monsters are enabled, when I do that.
So ok, my bad, I will not use "Reset all placements" in the future :p

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Ah! The reason it does that is, by default, it WAS random placement, so when you reset them, it hit the defaults. But we haven't integrated that. So yeah, super easy, just disable each monster, and that should fix it :)

Top Bottom