Player Sprite Disappearing between screens

Is anyone still experiencing issues with player disappearing when traveling between screens from left to right, or right to left? Doesn't seem to happen with top to bottom screens or bottom to top screens. I'm gonna play around with bounding boxes today to see if that's problem and also delete screens and create new plain screens to see if it has to do with objects I place on screen. Also player disappears but does not reset the game this time like in version 3.0.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you following the new tutorial? There are bit flags you have to set for your player object to prevent this now.

Yeah i been following the tutorials but i think i found the issue. I placed death objects on some exits. For example if i put death traps on an screen to close to a right exit and exit to the left screen then come back to the first screen from same Y coordinate as the death trap, even if it is on the far right it is making my player disappears, but I don't die and return to the start screen. So I don't think you can put death traps too close to exit if the adjacent screen has an exit on the opposite side of the trap but on the same Y coordinate as the trap. Hope this makes sense. It's the only common factor I noticed from screen giving me the issue.

Attachments

• Disapearing Player.jpg
    Disapearing Player.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 1,396
Top Bottom