enemy placement and freezing

stevenshepherd

So I created a screen with two monsters on it. On the immediate screen above it, I placed a monster on it that is 4 sprites wide, 4 sprites tall (as in, 8 x 8 pixel sprites). It doesn't move around the screen (it is a painting on the wall where the eyes shift around). The screen works fine, but when I go back down to the screen below, the game immediately freezes. I tried recreating the screen from scratch. It works just fine, until I put that same enemy back in. I tried rebuilding it again with different smaller enemies (i.e., only 8 x 8 pixels) and it works fine, but then the 4 x 4 painting screws it up. When I put the 4 x 4 sprite painting enemy in the room next to it, everything works fine. I also tried putting in a different 4 x 4 monster (a window where lightning flashes) and that messed it up too in its own way, even though that same sprite works fine on a different screen. There is something uniquely problematic with me trying to put the 4 x 4 sprite monster on that particular screen. Any thoughts? thanks! :)

stevenshepherd

I might have further narrowed it down to it not liking rooms next to each other with enemies, or at least certain enemies...

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
It's really hard to determine what may be happening here. There are a lot of variables in place.

Are the 4x4 objects animated? if so, how many frames? Do they have action steps more than zero? What gets them from one step to the next? Do you have their edge/solid collision reactions defined (even if they won't use them, these still need to be set)? Are you trying to put more than one of these on screen? If so, how many?

Need more info! :)

Top Bottom