tile script question

stevenshepherd

I was looking at the script for tile type 06 (all keys pickup) and I don't understand what information is even here to do anything. As far as I can tell (without knowing any code other than what I can sort of understand from the tutorials), this is just identifying the tile as solid. I was expecting to see more in here (like with the different monster scripts, or the win tile or death tile, where you can see that there are things going on with the code).

;;; SOLID
;;;This is how to inform a solid collision.
;;; You can also add this to the end of
;;; any tile type if you want it to have an effect AND
;;; be treated like solid.
;;; You could also check to see if it is a non-player object,
;;; and only return solid if it's a not player. This would
;;; cause monsters to treat things like spikes or ladder or fire
;;; as solid while the player is able to interract with it.

LDA #TILE_SOLID
STA tile_solidity

;; if you want it solid, declare it at the end

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Effectively, this tile type is just a solid wall tile. That's it. But it's a specifically indexed solid wall tile. That specific numbered tile (6, I think) is what the "all keys look up" collision sets the game to count for / get rid of when you collide with it. The tile itself behaves as a solid object, nothing more.

stevenshepherd

Thanks! I was just trying to find where the code is that handles "this disappears when all items are collected" so I could get some sense of how it works.

stevenshepherd

Basically I am trying to see if certain attributes of that tile can be applied to a monster, e.g., when I pick up this/these objects, the monster attacking me disappears. Just trying to recklessly break things ;)

Top Bottom