Screen Tiles not updating state

DChilders84

Following the tutorials again from start to finish, during the Screen Tile portion, I forgot to set the spike tiles to Solid. Exporting and testing allowed me to recognize this mistake. However, when I went back to the Assets and changed them to Solid - simple and clicked UPDATE, I then exported and tested and found that the tiles were still walkable. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem with Screen Tiles, if this is a larger issue, or if it is just a problem on my end. Minor, I know, but we're in the beta to find stuff like this and test it.

[UPDATE]

It looks like, though the Screen Tiles did update, until you replace the old tiles that were placed, they will remain as the old tile type. I made a new screen and used the same tiles post update, and they work as intended. I also went back and overwrote the old tiles and they worked as intended. I just assumed if you updated the asset, it would update all the tiles that had already been placed.

Mihoshi20

I ran across this issue a bit back that had me confused for a bit. Updating the tile in the graphics assets doesn't update it for the screen, you still have to go into that overworld screen and place the tile again in the same spot it exists in. That updates it for the export. Oh wait, you figured it out already.

dale_coop

Staff member
I think it’s just a visually refresh canvas bug... (?) if you move your mouse over, it might refresh the canvas ? Or if you go to another screen and then comeback to the previous one, it’s refreshed.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
That’s correct - the screen tool is a data painter. If you change the asset, it’s like mixing a new color on your easel. You still have to paint over wherever you want that updated color :)

Top Bottom