System Requirements

mmbe

What are the minimum system requirements to run NESmaker? I watched the FAQ video on Youtube but nothing was mentioned. Can a machine using XP run it or does it require higher operating system?

Thanks.

Mihoshi20

I'll let the devs chime in when they can on this one but I believe NESmaker requires dotnet framework 4.5 at least which isn't supported on WinXP. I tried also to get it to run on XP along with ReactOS and Tiny7 and they were all no go. Haven't tried yet on WINE though.

mmbe

Thanks Mihoshi20 for the reply. Maybe I should pose the question this way - What kinds of computers are the beta testers using? I'm interested in getting the program when it's available for sale but if I can't run the it without the investment of a new computer my interest drops way down.

dale_coop

Staff member
I use mostly NesMaker in a Windows 7 virtual machine on a MacBook.
Works very well, overall.

Mihoshi20

mmbe said:
Thanks Mihoshi20 for the reply. Maybe I should pose the question this way - What kinds of computers are the beta testers using? I'm interested in getting the program when it's available for sale but if I can't run the it without the investment of a new computer my interest drops way down.

I imagine the vast majority of users and using it on windows 7 and later. I'm using it on Win7 on a dedicated PC for it and in a Win7 virtual machine for experimenting on my Linux machine. Joe's tutorials are being made on Windows 10 I believe, possibly via Bootcamp on Apple hardware.

Top Bottom