Activation Password ???

erockbrox

So I am a "May" beta tester and I got the e-mail today and it gives me an activation code. Okay great. But then when I open the NESmaker software and go to activate it has 3 blanks to fill in.

Activation Code _________
E-mail __________
Password __________

Okay, so I have my activation code and I know my e-mail, but what about the password? I don't remember setting up a password nor did I get a password in the e-mail with my activation code? Do we make up a password here?

So I put in a new password, thinking that I am creating a password here and it didn't accept it. So what is going on? I love how things have to be so cryptic that even the PAID user can't even get access to it.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
This is where you SET the password. It seems you figured it out, though, right? That you'd put your license code in incorrectly?

It doesn't seem that cryptic. Email, Key, create a password to manage the account. Bing bang boom?

erockbrox

If it was explained in the original e-mail or while trying to activate this then this would have made more sense.

What caught me off guard was that I did put in a password, but my activation code was incorrect. I mistook an S for a 5 and so I was stuck and thought it must have been the password that I needed. Sometimes passwords are for getting into something. And if you really are setting up a password many sites make you type it in twice just so that you didn't put a typo in the original password and locked yourself out of everything. Also everyone thinks and sees things differently. What is clear to one person may not be to another.

Thanks for your help and I DID get it working eventually.

So just got the new pi beta but can't activate. No idea what I would have made the password. Can I pull some file from an already activated 3.1? If not, how do we go about resetting that?

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Professorpoptart - are you saying you already have an activation code from a previous version? It's your COMPUTER that is registered, so you should be fine...the file in each reads the same activation info, no need to do anything on your part.

If you've NEVER activated the program, but have an activation code, just follow the steps...the password is the one that YOU'RE creating.

If 3.1 opens for you, and 3.14x does not, my guess is that you never unzipped the file and are trying to open it from inside the zip? Make sure you've extracted it.

Let me know if any of this helps.

hmm i haven't been in the 3.1 beta for a few weeks, but that's not activated now either. I have my game.nes file in that versions folder so %100 it was. Both versions are unzipped and in the root of my drive. If its tied to the computer could maybe a windows update mess with it (I'm on fast ring insider builds on this machine)? Is it setting a reg key or something that I can verify is there?

So when I hit activate, I put in the key code I was emailed in April, the email the code was sent to and a password. I get "There was an error activating NESMaker: invalid password"

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Let me know your activation email and I can look it up for you, as to what's happening with it.

FYI for anyone else, not sure why it "un-activated" on my computers end, but it was as simple as me putting in the wrong password. Joe was able to look it up for me. So make sure you keep that password in a safe place since it sounds like there's no automated way to reset/view it from our end.

Thanks again Joe!

cargo

spam bots yandex
TornadoKid22 said:
I just got the latest version of NESMaker , the free one not the paid one and why do i need an activation code?

Sorry but this program isn't free. Did you purchase a lincense? You can buy it from the online shop at http://makenesgames.com.
If you were a kickstarter backer then check you should have received an e-mail with your activation code.
If you already have a license but lost it or haven't received it yet please contact The New 8-bit Heroes through their support form at this link:

http://austinmckinley.com/8bit/support.html

dale_coop

Staff member
TornadoKid22 said:
I just got the latest version of NESMaker , the free one not the paid one and why do i need an activation code?

Sorry TornadoKid22, but there is no "free" version of NESmaker... the version you can download on the site is the normal version of NESmaker. Version that requires an activation code to be used.
you can buy a licence on the official webpage.

Top Bottom