Platformer Issue

Having Trouble loading a game for testing. I've only done one tile type to test, and title screen is blank, but game wont run on Fceux. Previous versions did not give me this issue. I am wondering if it has to due with the save state. Which save state should we save our work on? There's three in my save state folder.

Attachments

• Save States.png
    Save States.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,924

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
You can actually erase those...I should have never included those, I thought I'd gotten rid of them! None of them will probably work.

To make a platformer, follow the tutorials on how to set it up. :)

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
(also, it may be running in FCEUX, but you may not have set up the Start Screen Input...also, new things are needing HUD and needing to set up the default scripts, which are explained in the new tutorial, but weren't part of the previous beta)

II changed the (PlaySound #$01, $00) to (PlaySound #00,$00) and it seems to load up now. Gonna animate this character and set his inputs and see if i can control him now.

Attachments

• Start Code.png
    Start Code.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,913
  • Start Code 2.png
    Start Code 2.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,913

dale_coop

Staff member
Looks like the HUD needs to be set, else the maingame screen is black.
And another thing, I couldn't make a 1 tile x 16 tiles (top) HUD... it needs to be more than 1 tile, else the main game is... weird.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Oh! Shoot! I left that in from working on tutorial! Whoops...yeah that will do some wacky stuff...good catch! Uploading a new zip without the (confusing) save files and with that fix now!!!

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Dark_crow and Dale_coop - thanks for the quick notes. I actually CHANGED the attached file in the forum (got rid of the save states, fixed the audio play...oops!), and also have made a VERY quick tutorial on "How to get started in 5 minutes / what has changed" sort of video that I'm going to stick into the playlist. :)

You guys rock.

Top Bottom