Glitched Player Object

briefs

Hello All. So I have been learning my way around the new NES Maker Pi Beta and I've been following the making a Platformer Tutorial but I've hit a snag. and that is my Player Object shows up glitched in game and I can't figure out why. Here's a screen I took

Nxt8Mif.png

Any help would be appreciated

MistSonata

Have you tried checking all the animation frames for your character's "walk right" animation? It looks like the bottom two tiles are on the wrong side of each other.

MistSonata

Well, without knowing exactly how it's behaving, it's hard to diagnose. My recommendation would be to go back to the beginning of the tutorial video and make sure you did all the steps right.

briefs

Ok fresh copy of NES maker downloaded from the forum. Start from scratch and did just the bare minimum required to get my player object to appear on screen and he still looks like that

briefs

Ok I solved the issue. I was replacing the GameObjectTiles.bmp in GraphicAssets with the player sprite sheet from the Beta Assets. They are different in size and so NES Maker couldn't read the sprites properly. Glad to have that solved :p

Top Bottom