MyLicense Portal PC de-activation

briefs

Hi is there any way to de-activate a NES maker activation using the My License portal? I recently upgraded my main PC with a new SSD and a fresh install of Windows to get it running smoother but now the software considers it a new PC and since I also activated it on my laptop that's two and now I'm locked out of using the software on my main rig. On the My License Portal site I can view my activations but there doesn't seem to be an option to do anything with them.

darkhog

Ahh, the well-known problem of DRM: Pirates would be able to crack it easily (I wouldn't be surprised if there's already some torrent floating around) and the legit customers will suffer like this.

IMO it should be DRM-free. Pirates would find a way anyway, but at least if it was DRM-free situations like this wouldn't happen. Not to mention that you'd probably want to make a real cart at some point and you can't pirate hardware (yet).

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, pretty easy. It's set up exactly like that - just check out your license portal. You can manage your licenses there. I'm not sure that constitutes suffering :p

MistSonata

Am I the only one who's not seeing where you're supposed to be able to remove a computer from your license?

mhVgR6e.png

There's no edit or delete icon, I've clicked all around there. The only things I can do is edit my email, edit my password, or log out.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
So I've looked deeper into this. It seems at the security level that NESmaker licenses work on through our third party provider, it IS possible, however the request must be made to an account representative (us), and we can deactivate it from a given machine from our portal. I was under the impression that users could manage this themselves, but it appears that we have to.

Anyone want to test that? I'd like to make sure it works on our end, too.

Top Bottom