Really Basic. Player Sprite movement

regularJim

Hey guys, have been excited about NESmaker since its announcement. Thrilled to finally get my code last night.

I've just been testing basic functionality, but I'm hitting a brick wall in applying controller movement to my player object. I've watched the pi Beta videos and for the life of me can't find the bridge between creating the player character and actually giving it the right scripts for movement.

My game current compiles and my player sprite appears on the screen. I've played around with its Object Details and animations, but nothing I do seems to get the Player to move. I've loaded in various of scripts that read like they're relevant to movement in the inPut editor, attaching them to the player object, but I tend to get compiling errors more often then not.

What am I missing here? Thanks!

dale_coop

Staff member
Yes you need to assign the mov scripts to the inputs (check again the NESMaker launch stream video from yesterday on Facebook)

I can help you more when I we’ll be back home ;)

regularJim

Okay, thanks. Turns out I just couldn't find the basic movement scripts. They were in UserScripts > Movement Scripts

dale_coop

Staff member
Did you followed the yesterday tutorial video ?
Here: https://www.facebook.com/TheNew8bitHeroes/videos/2001403529870154/
You absolutely need to, in order to use NESMaker.
Because now it's quite different than the beta.

Top Bottom