Start Screen issues

Pwnu2noob

So i'm having some trouble getting my game to boot. I've followed the tutorials, double checked the "StartButton_StartScreen" code and I can't seem to get past a gray screen after the Start Screen. I've modified the Start Screen to display "Press Start" on the screen and when I run the test, the game boots up to the Start Screen because I can see the screen that I made. I press Start and the StartScreen goes away but, a gray screen is still showing and nothing ever happens.
from the Project Info:
The Map X,Y is set to 0,0 (and this is the screen that I've modified to have some content)

I've also tried just skipping the StartScreen and the game still boots straight to a gray screen.

Any thoughts?

dale_coop

Staff member
You could try, with another screen as start screen. Maybe the 1,1 or 2,2...

Some checks:
- Did you set your HUD (2 rows min for the HUD Area and the rest for Playable Area)?
- Your palettes are OK (not grey?), your screen palette is in a palette group?
- Your player is OK (set as "player" and "persistent")?

Pwnu2noob

Pallets are OK and in a palette group
Player is OK - set as "player" and "persistent"
HUD size - fail LOL!
I was selecting the size of the HUD but, I failed to click the "Set" button to save the size I was trying to highlight. I guess this was the only problem because now it boots up, I press "Start" to get past the StartScreen and it goes to MAP 0,0 like I want.

Thanks for the help!

TurtleRescueNES

What code do you have for "StartButton_StartScreen"?

I tried to roll forward that script from a beta version and it clashes with some of the other code in the game in amusing ways. It ghosts the main character after each controller button release.

dale_coop

Staff member
I find out there is some (small) mistake in the scripts Of NESMaker.
So I fixed it on my side (I think Joe will fix in the next release)

In all the stopmovingplayerxxx scripts, you need to add a line “RTS”

You dmadd RTS in the 4 scripts and everything will work well again ;)

dale_coop

Staff member
Your welcome.
I spend a lot time using NESMaker and read the scripts ne Joe made. I am starting to understand better how it works and how to fix some parts, modify other parts...
Thanks to Joe and all his incredibly instructive videos!

Top Bottom