Platform physics

Pwnu2noob

I'm having a hard time getting physics to work on my player.

I would like something similar to Super Mario Bros.

I've got my first screen setup with some solid "floor" to walk on. Player loads on top of the floor and i can use the left and right keys to make him move but, the two problems i'm noticing:
1. the player doesn't fall when moving from one height on the screen to a lower elevation
2. none of my animations work for left and right movement. The player direction does change but, the walking animation does nothing.

I've followed the tutorials over and over but, i'm not seeing what i'm doing wrong. Ideas?

MistSonata

There's no platform module yet. There was a very rudamentary one in the pi beta, but it's not there anymore. We're still waiting for the official platformer module.

Also make sure you set up your animation types in the player's object details, you should have an idle animation type and a walk animation type, and you need to set those animation types to your action steps, with step 0 being idle and step 1 being walk.

Pwnu2noob

Ok. I was wondering about the module. I noticed the scripts that loaded with the Basic Module were all for Top Down style game but, there were still some others in the system for Platformers. I wasn't sure if I needed to removed certain scripts and replace with others or if I just need to be patient and wait for the module to be released lol!

I setup the animations as you described above. Since I was going for a platformer I only have left and right movement animations at the moment.

dale_coop

Staff member
The current movements scripts have small mistakes, you can find fixed one here:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=390

For the plateform module... wait some days, there will be a tutorial.

Top Bottom