Having multiple problems..

retrofreak

Hello! I have studied something like 10 tutorials and I'm having these problems:

1. I have done player movement by tutorial and when I test game, my player won't appear anywhere. What I'm trying to tell that I can't see my player, he isn't visible. And when I'm trying to move him => screen just flickers. Nothing else happens. I have made hudbox and playable area and when in overworld screen I don't have hud as black area. There is grassland inside that area (look screencap). Is that the problem why I can't see my player?

2. Trying to use fceux emulator. But it always crashes. Every other emulator => always crashes. I only can use your build in emulator. Is this problem because of that hud and playable area?

3. There was no startscreen script as there was in tutorial video. I had to copy and write own script from tutorial. Is this normal or should I use something else than startscreen script?

4. I have done all the fixes and I have read all the topics here in Help section, but I can't seem to get my testgame working. I really need help :)

Attachments

• overworld.jpg
    overworld.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 1,693

retrofreak

Okay, solved player visibility (check screencap). There was no this section in tutorial video to put player object to "player" and "persistant". But when I enter that other screen my player disappears and flickering occurs. So what is wrong with that screen? And for some reason my player won't do walking animation. Only standing still. I haven't found any solution to this.

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,686

dale_coop

Staff member
You need to download the movements scripts fixed (there are some mistakes in the ones that come with NESMAKER)
Here the files:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=390

retrofreak

dale_coop said:
You need to download the movements scripts fixed (there are some mistakes in the ones that come with NESMAKER)
Here the files:
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=390

I have earlier downloaded those fixed scripts and now I did again. New problems: I export and test. Nothings happens after test screen. Ingame emulator doesn't start and game won't start. I really don't know whats wrong :(

I tried also nestopia but look at screencap. Any ideas why emulators doesn't work?

Attachments

• filenotfound.jpg
    filenotfound.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,661

retrofreak

Wow, weird. I got it working (ingame emulator) by restarting my computer. Ok, but still I don't have walking animation. Anybody having same problems? Am I missing something? Some checking with setuping animation or.. I don't know. It would be very nice to get over with this and continue with tutorials..

Top Bottom