Project Stopped Compiling Game Test!

SeaFoodAndButter

So, I've been working on my game for 3 or 4 days now, making progress day-by-day. However, something happened last night and now I cannot "export and test" my game anymore.

Now, when I try to test my game it says:

c:/NES Maker/NESmaker_4_0_0/NESmaker/GameEngineDate>asm6 MainASM.nes game.
nes demo.txt
pass 1..
Routines/system/Assignment.asm(90): Value out of Range.
demo.txt written.

c:/NES maker/NESmaker_4_0_0/NESmaker_4_0_0/GameEngineData>pause
press any key to continue . . .

Then when I press a key, this message pops up:

Error Compiling stuff... Please check any code changes you made.

Then it closes.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I didn't change any script codes; the only things I've done is added some pixel art to game screens, set up my character enough to move around in the game, and imported one song that plays on startup. Everything was working fine until last night after I added some graphic assets to a new screen set.

I have no idea how to fix this, and it will totally SUCK if I have to start all over after 3 days of work!

were you able to ever get it to play with your song? Only thing from what your describing i can think of is that there is a issue with adding the song or maybe the assets. What screen are you on? Top left corner is causing issues for some.

SeaFoodAndButter

dark_crow_66 said:
were you able to ever get it to play with your song? Only thing from what your describing i can think of is that there is a issue with adding the song or maybe the assets. What screen are you on? Top left corner is causing issues for some.

So, I was able to import 1 Famitracker tune. When I would test my game it would load properly. The music would start and I could move my character around. When I would move to a new screen, the music would start over (I haven't figured out how to make the music continuous yet). I was slowly making progress and things were looking good.

However, now I can't compile the game to test it anymore. I tried to reset all the scripts in the "Script Settings" in the Project Settings menu, but that didn't work. I also tried to remove all the scripts and re-import the Basic Module that comes with NESMaker 4.0. But that didn't work either.

It seems like I need to find the Routines/system/Assignment.asm and fix something that says (90) because the error I'm getting says this "Value out of Range." I found the folder "AssignBanks" under NESmaker_4_0_0/GameEngineData/Routines/System. Maybe I messed up a graphic bank or something, I'm not sure.

I just found the fix for the music starting over between screens. See post here http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=416

Yeah i was looking for the script you mentioned but could not find the Routines/system/Assignment.asm just the AssignBanks.

SeaFoodAndButter

dark_crow_66 said:
I just found the fix for the music starting over between screens. See post here http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=416

Yeah i was looking for the script you mentioned but could not find the Routines/system/Assignment.asm just the AssignBanks.

Thank you! So, I followed your info and was able to edit the code and now I have 1 song playing through multiple screens. Making progress! TY :)

Top Bottom