ASM6 Problem test crash (SOLVED!)

fearspork

C:\nesmaker\NESmaker_4_0_0\NESmaker_4_0_0\GameEngineData>asm6 MainASM.nes game.nes demo.txt
'asm6' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\nesmaker\NESmaker_4_0_0\NESmaker_4_0_0\GameEngineData>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

i've imported the module, created a HUD a playable space, created a player one animation, created a null walkable tile, turned off the start screen. i dont know what i'm doing wrong here

dale_coop

Staff member
What is your system ? Windows 7? xp? Windows10?
I would suggest you to:
1) disable your antivirus, then
2) unzip again the nesmaker_4_0_0.zip file, and try again
(I think your antivirus, removed some necessary files)

Note: if you made some assets/graphics. you could save your "GraphicAssets" folder and your project .MST file
And put back after your re-installed the soft.

fearspork

dale_coop, thank you , i'm going to try the antivirus solution, my set up is a mess. my computer died last week so i'm using a Frankenstein of old parts i dug out of a box in the basement, i'm on windows 10 but its not registered. i'm waiting for a new CPU i ordered last week

dale_coop

Staff member
Lol ok ;) I understand.
I think it might be your antivirus or the privileges. Try to run NESMaker as Administrator, once, might help too.

fearspork

C:\nesmaker\NESmaker_4_0_0\NESmaker_4_0_0\GameEngineData>asm6 MainASM.nes game.nes demo.txt
pass 1..
pass 2..
game.nes written (524304 bytes).
demo.txt written.

C:\nesmaker\NESmaker_4_0_0\NESmaker_4_0_0\GameEngineData>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

turning off antivirus worked but now i get this before the game crashes

dale_coop

Staff member
Now just check you « skip the start screen » (project info) and set your HUD (at least 2 rows for the HUD Area and the rest for your Playable Area).
And it would be good.

fearspork

i was getting a gray screen and a screeching sound, now the emulator is not starting at all, i'm going to restart my computer and try again

dale_coop

Staff member
Great start is normal!
It’s the start screen of your game.
You need to skip it if you want to go directly to your main (playable) screen.
Please watch the tutorial and follow the steps...
Else it will be a long way...

fearspork

oh SNAP!! i must have unclicked the start screen , i've been in every menu over and over, at least now i'm super familiar with everything, the null floor tiles loaded thanks!

Top Bottom