Start screen palette is somewhat messed up

darkhog

In NM vs. in emulator:
CEDRF02.png

Is that a bug in the NM or did I do something wrong? And before you say anything about 16x16 attributes, the places color change don't make sense - I'd understand if laser shoots were partially blue or partially gray, but it seems to have color change in random places. It shouldn't clash, but yet it does.

Make sure you have selected correct palette you wanted when you click on the assets when building your start screen. Sometimes this happens but if you click over the spots with wrong colors and re-click the correct palette it fixes the issue.

dale_coop

Staff member
You can also use the Shiru’s nes screen tool (more easy): like Joe explained here: https://youtu.be/V2DAFi2-cxI

TurtleRescueNES

I run into this all the time. I find that the compiled screen is stubborn as to what palette to use in certain areas even it shows correctly in the editor.

The workaround I use is to insert a blank tile above, below, and to the left and right the glitchy tile in the palette the glitched tile is supposed to appear in. It takes a few tries, but eventually, you'll clear it up.

Top Bottom