The Free Graphic Assets Thread

MistSonata

So, now that the beta's out for the pro backers, I think it'd be cool to have a thread where everyone can post some assets that they wouldn't mind giving to the community. Not all of us have a knack for pixel art, after all.

It should be said that the art I post is free for commercial or personal use, if you don't want your assets used in a commercial product, please state that clearly in your post.

To start off with, I've got a font I made for the title screen of my current beta project "Super Beta Bros 3" as well as a NESmaker logo you can use if you wanted to show that off somewhere.

Here's a screenshot of the title screen I made out of these assets. I haven't tested it myself, but you should be able to make every letter of the alphabet out of it. I can't guarantee you can do numbers apart from 3, though.

2C8UgOU.png

View attachment titlescreentileset.rar

Kasumi

I am not surt, but surt allows some of his work to be used freely: https://opengameart.org/users/surt
Here's an NES example: https://opengameart.org/content/another-nes-like-village
But not all of his work is NES and not all of it totally free to use so be sure to read the license associated with each set of graphics that you like.

JakeSpencer

I think this is a great idea! If there is a specific place to post sprites to share, let me know, and I will offer up what I've made.

JakeSpencer

I think this is a great idea! If there is a specific place to post sprites to share in this forum, let me know, and I will offer up what I've made.

MistSonata

I've been doofing around a lot in my pixel editor and making random fonts, including the "Once Upon a Time" font, which I'm pretty proud of. It does take up less than half of the available background tiles, so you're not likely to use it for regular in-game dialog, but I think it'd be perfect for a storybook-style introduction.

I've also got some other stuff in there, including one that looks like the NES game genie font for some reason. Mostly this is just to have something different if you're not digging the classic NES 8x8 font. :)

fontscratchpad.png

GliIus2.png

Rob Burrito

awesome font collection, especially like the compressed OUAT one. what are you using to convert png to bmp?

MistSonata

I use Aseprite, which exports in bmp and png, but there's only 3 colors in the image and only one is important. I'll save each font as an individual bmp and put them in a zip file. I hope that helps

EDIT: Done! You should be able to see the .rar file attached below.

EDIT2: Oops, forgot a couple of the fonts...

Attachments

• NESmaker Fonts 01.rar
    6.2 KB · Views: 302

JakeSpencer

I have plenty of graphics I can donate to the cause, but I made them in Inkscape before NESMaker was available in beta. I can batch all the .svg files. Is that the best way to share? Otherwise I can simply post the graphics as .png directly to the forum. Suggestions?

MistSonata

Hey! So here's some more free graphics stuff! And it's not just fonts this time!

Here's a digital clock-style number system in two styles

eTAndAf.png

Here's some new fonts

SoPmd0u.png

And some paths that I made.

s4frxUU.png

These are all in the zip file below!

JakeSpencer said:
I have plenty of graphics I can donate to the cause, but I made them in Inkscape before NESMaker was available in beta. I can batch all the .svg files. Is that the best way to share? Otherwise I can simply post the graphics as .png directly to the forum. Suggestions?

Probably the best way is to save them as bmp and put them in a zip file. If you want to show a demo of it in the thread, I'd recommend png.

Attachments

• FreeGraphics02.rar
    20.7 KB · Views: 268

Mihoshi20

MistSonata said:
Hey! So here's some more free graphics stuff! And it's not just fonts this time!

Here's a digital clock-style number system in two styles

s4frxUU.png

These are all in the zip file below!

JakeSpencer said:

Probably the best way is to save them as bmp and put them in a zip file. If you want to show a demo of it in the thread, I'd recommend png.

Those cloud and gel path tiles are really cool.

MistSonata

Hey! Who's excited for the next beta??? I know I am! :D

So in anticipation of the next update, here's some free HUD graphics for you to use, with three windows to choose from, a bunch of neat icons, and a new font!

VLDhw87.png

That's not all, though. In the zip file I've got all the previous fonts seen in this thread rearranged to be easier to work with in the new HUD editor. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE!

View attachment FreeGraphics3.rar

(Don't forget that if you're using a color for the "fill" in your window, you need to change the background of the font from black to whatever color you're using for the body of the window)

digit2600

This is a whole mess of my tile scrap space I've been working on. Mostly city type stuff, some foliage... I've included a grey scale set as well that has a bunch of different elements. Everything here lines up to the grid so go crazy with'em. Use them for whatever, I'll be using them too... Just please give credit to j. Sebastiano or Digit2600 if you do please!

Attachments

• nesMakerSet.png
    nesMakerSet.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 4,709

Mihoshi20

I really like it, especially the background cityscape. Reminds me a lot of the look to Ninja Gaiden or back to the future II & III.

digit2600

Mihoshi20 said:
I really like it, especially the background cityscape. Reminds me a lot of the look to Ninja Gaiden or back to the future II & III.

grazi, yeah, I've definitely found myself studying and taking influence from ninja gaiden. and double Dragon among other for a lot of this, though I'm currently using Google maps to reference my home city (which is ghetto as hell) for my next batch.

creature-preview.png

creature-sheet.bmp

figured i'd give y'all a small handful of creepy baddies, spitballs, and popping death animations.

feel free to do with as you please, hell remix em and repost in here.

Top Bottom