Designing and Using Paths

SeaFoodAndButter

So I've been trying to figure out how to make a good path that is a light brown with a little green overgrowth on the sides so it blends into my grass. I've been struggling to understand how they draw? I know I use the 1-4 keys but as I draw I'm not understanding. If I draw upwards, does it draw the top of my path? And likewise in the other directions?

Finally, how do I use the diff palettes? I draw and save the paths with different palettes, but it always draws all of them with the first palette.

stevenshepherd

You can change the palette by drawing your path, and then pressing the q, w, e, r keys over top to change what you have drawn.

It is hard to explain in words. Here is what I did with paths. the windows and doors are separate tiles, but the house siding is a path. This might help you see what corresponds to what.

It takes a bit of trial and error to understand how it work. I usually edit in the path viewer as opposed to the pixel editor. You can try just drawing a few pixels in a space, and then draw out the path and see how it reacts. systematic experimentation like that helped me wrap my head around it a bit better, and to predict how it will draw things.

Attachments

• house and path.png
    house and path.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 3,855

Orgia Mode

Yep. Q, W, E and R refer to palettes 0, 1, 2 and 3. So when you highlight a tile that you've placed, pressing one of those keys will swap the palette. Its a little tedious, but its what we have right now.

stevenshepherd

I forget, but you might be able to hold down those keys and just move around, rather than pressing the key on each individual tile.

SeaFoodAndButter

Thanks guys. I've been practicing and using some of the tips and tricks you told me and I finally feel like my paths are looking a lot better and my graphics are stating to look cloer to what I want!

Top Bottom