Possible Bug: Bounding Box and Traveling Between Screens

MistSonata

So, I'm still working on the basic "my first game" thing, but before I keep working on it, I noticed that some weirdness happens when I try to move up or left to the next screen. It'll go to the next screen for a split second and then it'll put me right back to the previous screen. I have no idea what's causing it, but I've narrowed at least some of the problem down to the bounding box I drew for my character. I could get it to allow me to move up on the screen by putting my bounding box all the way to the bottom of the sprite (it was 1 pixel above it before), but I still can't go left. I'm up to beta video 9 right now, and I haven't done too much to deviate from the instructions.

Here's my current bounding box settings:

MhbRjma.png

And here's a video showing what exactly is happening.

UPDATE:

I managed to get it to let me go left by changing the bounding box to this:

BkM0nzC.png

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, great catch! I am adding it to my list of things to look into. Glad you were smart enough to find a temporary solution. It's very suspicious that it only seems to happen in that one direction, so it'll be easy to track down. Thanks for the report!

417gcs

Had the same issue going up and down screens as well (I'll see if I can reproduce it for you guys). I changed the bounding box as well to fix the problem, so it looks like that works pretty well as a temporary solution.

417gcs

Here's a link to the video: https://youtu.be/EGzfLoOGsr4

Sorry for the low quality... Haven't quite figured out the video settings on FCEUX yet. :D

Here's the bounding box for the glitched version below.

Switching it to Top:8, Width and Height: 16 ended up fixing it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,411

MistSonata

functionalform said:
unrelated, but the assets you've done look great.

i really love the what i assume is a path for the trees?

If you're referring to the path feature, I actually didn't use that for the trees. That's probably a good idea though, at this point. The way they work right now makes hit detection a bit wonky, especially now that I've made my dancer's bounding box so big.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome ok - yeah it seems the negative directions aren’t respecting the size of bounding box. This will be fixed
Asap :)

Top Bottom