Sub Folders for Assets

as the topic says.

as i'm updating and adding to my little adventure in the beta, the little asset fold out is getting larger and less easy to navigate through.

maybe having something like the family function like the palette groups?
or even just having a folder dedicated to each tileset in the graphics bank?

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Good though. We’ve actually discussed this before...the tilesets can get massive for a full game!

TheGeek

Hello! There is actually already a way to do what you want. First, select any screen in overworld or underworld. While on that interface, click the "Add Group" button. This creates a named asset group that will help you organize your assets. Once you have an asset group created, you can right click on any asset and move it to that group. To filter your assets, just select the asset group in the dropdown. Let me know if this is what you meant please!

Thanks!
--Josh

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Josh - I think he means in the hierarchy. Like, if i make 100 assets, and now i want to make a new asset in the first tileset, it ends up at the bottom of the list, and it all sort of gets unruly to manage.

Strictly a cosmetic organizational thing, having no bearing on any output.

Mihoshi20

I like the idea of making user defined folders like in gamemaker, for example under Graphics Bank 1 -- Assets -- being able to then make a folder for Dungeon Tiles or Overworld tiles, or making a folder called Lake or Forest and then adding tiles inside of that.

Top Bottom