So about this Day/Night feature

Bucket Mouse

Because of this, we can only use two palettes for monsters per graphics bank -- two of the available four are reserved for day and two are for night. In the future will we be able to switch off this feature and gain those other two palettes back?

As it is if I need to use a third or fourth palette then I have to switch to a new bank. I have no plans to use a day-night cycle in any of my games.

MistSonata

The way I understand it is that you're limited to 8 palettes on screen at any given time. In NESmaker four of those palettes are reserved for the background, and the other half is split up between the different sprites on screen (2 for monsters, 2 for the player and other objects). The day/night palettes feature swaps those 8 palettes out for a different set, which is used to simulate night and day, they aren't taking up slots that could otherwise be used to give you more colors on the screen at once.

DChilders84

I think this will be addressed in the future. Remember this is still a very early beta. We've still got a host of different game modules coming as well.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
That’s correct. You have background palettes and you have sprite palettes. The reason that there are only 2 monster sub-pals at a time is because one is reserved for a player object and one for other game objects (weapons, effects, etc).

Top Bottom