User-defined Pixel Editor Options

DChilders84

In the pixel editor, when you want to create a new sprite, you have to pick from a selection in the drop down menu.
Would it be possible to allow this to instead be user-definable?

I want to attempt to make some large sprites like Batman: Return of the Joker for my Green Arrow game.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
We talked about that - for right now, it’s set up that way as those are the sizes for the different sections of graphics. That’s how to ‘make things fit’ data wise. So making a custom size graphic wouldn’t help you right now, without altering the engine significantly to how sections of graphics are loaded and what banks they’re placed in, etc.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Possibly. But NES graphic space is SUPER limited. You could hack the player area to make use of where we put monsters...but then you’d sacrifice monster space

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Possibly. But NES graphic space is SUPER limited. You could hack the player area to make use of where we put monsters...but then you’d sacrifice monster space

DChilders84

Right on. Guess I'll wait and see what you guys cook up. Looking forward to the coming iterations of the tool. It's so awesome!

Top Bottom