Bug: Initial Overworld Screen Appears as Generic

TurtleRescueNES

I'm not sure how this happened. I haven't done much with my project this week until today when I redesigned my splash screen. That is the only change I made to my project since my last build. Now, when I play my game, the player start screen displays my player, and only the first tile, repeated over the entire screen. I can move... in fact, the game knows my solid tile placements. When I leave the screen, then return, it generates the tiles normally.

What's even more odd is that this is completely random. Sometimes when I startup the ROM, it's fine. If I reset, it's bugged. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason for it. And this is within the same ROM file.

This bug doesn't seem to happen on my last compiled ROM file. I wish I had more insight into this. Just curious if anyone else has run into this bug.

RadJunk

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds as if the start screen script is running without the start button being pressed. Try removing that input from the input designer and see what happens!

TurtleRescueNES

My latest builds seem to no longer display this issue. The one thing I removed was the ability to start the game by either pressing start or B. I removed the B script, even though it didn't seem to be causing the issue when I tested the bug.

Top Bottom