Rewriting Paths EDIT: OHMYGOD IT WORKS!!!

MistSonata

Re: Rewriting Paths EDIT: OHMYGOD IT WORKS!!!

Post by MistSonata » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:26 pm

darkhog wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:50 pm
TheNew8bitHeroes wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:19 pm
Darkhog - as with everything else, NESmaker has a vanilla solution. This is a solution that may work better for some. It's just a matter of copying and pasting it to the right place in code. Then it will work with NESmaker for anyone who wishes to use it this way. That's integration.

As for rendering 'in tool' these sorts of solutions, that might be trickier, as inevitably lots of these custom solutions will end up popping up, and it will be hard to keep up. Not impossible, but we have a laundry list a mile long of things to integrate, so it'd go in cure. I don't think what you see in August will have this sort of update in-tool.
Or you could simply add an editor plugin system so the add-ons dev could write editor plugins to go along with them to make sure it's rendered in the tool properly as well.
I don't know if "simply" is the word here, having an "editor plugin system" would almost certainly be incredibly complicated, and besides there's not really anything stopping the creation of separate "editors", except for in cases where NESmaker overwrites files with its own data, but there's nothing you can really do about that right now anyway.
darkhog

Re: Rewriting Paths EDIT: OHMYGOD IT WORKS!!!

Post by darkhog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:14 pm

MistSonata wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:26 pm
darkhog wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:50 pm
TheNew8bitHeroes wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:19 pm
Darkhog - as with everything else, NESmaker has a vanilla solution. This is a solution that may work better for some. It's just a matter of copying and pasting it to the right place in code. Then it will work with NESmaker for anyone who wishes to use it this way. That's integration.

As for rendering 'in tool' these sorts of solutions, that might be trickier, as inevitably lots of these custom solutions will end up popping up, and it will be hard to keep up. Not impossible, but we have a laundry list a mile long of things to integrate, so it'd go in cure. I don't think what you see in August will have this sort of update in-tool.
Or you could simply add an editor plugin system so the add-ons dev could write editor plugins to go along with them to make sure it's rendered in the tool properly as well.
I don't know if "simply" is the word here, having an "editor plugin system" would almost certainly be incredibly complicated, and besides there's not really anything stopping the creation of separate "editors", except for in cases where NESmaker overwrites files with its own data, but there's nothing you can really do about that right now anyway.
Yes, we could write entire new editor, but why reinvent the wheel? Yes, the plugin system would take some work and I don't expect it in 1.0, but the potential of it far outweighs the work needed to implement it.