Possible Definitive Code/Tut section for threads

Greyeggs

Once various codes get created/discovered to do very specific things for specific modules, I think a section to post very detailed "how-tos" should exist. Like for instance, in this section, there could be sub sections for each module; platformer,shooter,top-down,etc. Inside those sub-sections there would be specific threads that have code and tricks to get certain effects. For example, in the platformer section, you might find, "how to add ice effect", "how to destroy objects","how to add inventory pickups" etc etc. The bits of information are so scattered throughout random videos and threads currently, that you spend hours sifting through these things to seek a desired way to achieve an effect.

Greyeggs

Well, I know that, however should I be under the impression that 1 piece of code/script applies across the whole board/for every module? It doesn't seem specific. Let's not forget, that even these things can be complex to "no-coders", confusion can set in easily, they can think that is something they want and get to tinkering into stuff and screw their whole game up. I just was proposing that either by labeling/rewording, just make things more clear and specific to non -coders. Part of the lure of the NESMaker is the no coder part, and if they have to wait till something is revealed, the really cant be free to imagine things to make an original game. It will be a crappy version of a tutorial that is available online. The answer to can you do this and that, mostly comes back to; if the nes can do it, sure, but it will have to be broken and messed with to make it happen. No coders can't break it or mess with that to experiment in this manner I think in my opinion. Example: in the code section, if I see a how to make jump script thread, is it ok to say that you could apply said script and have it execute to both platformer, top-down or rpg?

dale_coop

Staff member
I understand what you say... it might a good thing to structurate a little more the sections.
Currently a lot scripts in the code section would work in NesMaker.
But for the case of the jump script, it works in plateform games.

I used it 2 days ago to make a small platform game with the release of NESMaker: https://youtu.be/0f4y4psVnCU

A lot of those scripts appears in the beta turorial videos.

You want to learn more on how to, there are a lot of answer in the tutorial videos on YouTube and Vimeo NESMaker’s channels.

Top Bottom