Resource Sharing

darkhog

Re: Resource Sharing

Post by darkhog » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 pm

I think instead of making "official" one, maybe just link to WolfMerrik site. Why reinvent the wheel if it's already there?

Anyway, maybe you could turn your site part what it's now, part this: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=415 ? With features such as JS emu so you could play uploaded games directly in your browser.
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 pm

darkhog wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 pm
I think instead of making "official" one, maybe just link to WolfMerrik site. Why reinvent the wheel if it's already there?

Anyway, maybe you could turn your site part what it's now, part this: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=415 ? With features such as JS emu so you could play uploaded games directly in your browser.
I definitely want to expand on the rom section, especially since that is a big thing that people will want to share!
Regarding emulation, I never really liked browser-based emu, but I can definitely look into it.
Long-story short, there is a lot of work to be done on the site, and I am hoping I can get all the basic functions done first before looking at the more complex stuff.
ImageWant to download & share Image NESMaker Resources? Check out My Files on www.NESMakerFiles.com Image
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:19 pm

I could just make a separate section, having user creations be something that transcends a resource. That way people can create a basic page for it that has its own resources (different versions, videos of gameplay, screenshots, etc) - this way it can be constantly updated and always have reliable information, updates, etc. Especially if users do decide to sell their games, people will be informed when they do. I could easily make it so people could "follow" games and be notified when a project is updated.
ImageWant to download & share Image NESMaker Resources? Check out My Files on www.NESMakerFiles.com Image
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:23 pm

I did a few adds to the site, still no searching, however, You can browse by TAGS now: https://www.nesmakerfiles.com/tags
Also, thanks to Mitsonata for being the first person aside from myself to content!
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:12 pm

I edited the post to better reflect the status of this.
Still, of course, welcoming any discussion.
erockbrox

Post by erockbrox » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Cool! Also if you could allow people to upload animated gif files for their resources so that people can see the resource in action. This doesn't apply to every resource, but like if someone coded a new module or something an animated gif showing a glimps of the engine in action would help other users.
MistSonata

Post by MistSonata » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 pm

The website is great so far :)
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 am

erockbrox wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:17 pm
Cool! Also if you could allow people to upload animated gif files for their resources so that people can see the resource in action. This doesn't apply to every resource, but like if someone coded a new module or something an animated gif showing a glimps of the engine in action would help other users.
Most of the resource types allow previews as a secondary resource, currently, if one is not found, it tries to use the resource itself as well. This is also done for FTI instruments / Packs for audio preview. I am not sure if I added gif to the ones with resources, but I will for all graphics previews, animated gifs are always big sellers haha.

A good example of a preview for a file that is different than the image is this: https://www.nesmakerfiles.com/resource/ ... _cavewomen

The resource is BRGB (ready for import) but the preview shows what the completed sprites would look like after being assembled and pallets applied.

An example of music would be: https://www.nesmakerfiles.com/resource/ ... m_template

The resource itself is a blank FTM template, but the preview is an audio file that can be played, its just a REALLY quick song that I threw together using it.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I will definitely add gif to the preview format for graphic based resources!
WolfMerrik

Post by WolfMerrik » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:49 am

MistSonata wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 pm
The website is great so far :)
Thanks so much! I really appreciate you adding resources! It definitely helps the site grow!

I am working on a few things to change it around, but I think the new browse (using icons/previews) looks a LOT better!

Thanks again,

Wolf!
darkhog

Post by darkhog » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:10 pm

You got a PHP error on your site. Something about undefined variable.