Incorrect Path Tile in the Upper Left Corner

Can't find your activation code? Activation code isn't working? Need to disable the license on a computer? If you're having a problem with running NESmaker software, this is the correct forum. If your thread is about help with the actual engine and game creation, please use the HELP forum. Thank you.
jorotroid

Incorrect Path Tile in the Upper Left Corner

Post by jorotroid » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 am

Has anyone else run into this? I just noticed that having a path tile at the location 0,1 will always display the center version even when it should display something else. It looks fine in NESmaker in the screen edtor, but at runtime that tile is incorrect. Here are some images showing the problem. The first set is from the game I'm currently working on, the second is from the game I put together in 4.0.6 for the Adventure Challege, and the last set is back in 4.0.11 in a alt project I have set up with unmodified code so that I can test to see if the scripts I have been modding are causing any issues I might get. As you can see in the upper left of each screen the correct tile is displayed in the editor version, but it is incorrect in the emulator. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

darkhog

Re: Incorrect Path Tile in the Upper Left Corner

Post by darkhog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Have you tried to put HUD over that area of the screen? It won't fix the issue, but will hide it from the player. Even if the HUD would be empty (black bar), it'd still hide it.
jorotroid

Post by jorotroid » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:25 am

I gutted out the original HUD code to make room for other stuff, so that's no longer an option.
dale_coop

Post by dale_coop » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:58 am

Never had this issue, but my HUD is always on top (covering the top left corner), so :p
-----
Sorry about my poor english
All I need: A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
My games: PRESS START GAME / UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE