"Graphics bank" flip frame (flip V/H) like you can in "Game Objects"? "Monster Graphic Banks"?

Can't find your activation code? Activation code isn't working? Need to disable the license on a computer? If you're having a problem with running NESmaker software, this is the correct forum. If your thread is about help with the actual engine and game creation, please use the HELP forum. Thank you.
Goose

"Graphics bank" flip frame (flip V/H) like you can in "Game Objects"? "Monster Graphic Banks"?

Post by Goose » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:30 am

(Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find any topics)

When I'm defining assets in "Graphic Banks" I want to be able to flip frames to be able to fit more objects into the Tileset. I like the idea of saving space by using the horizontal and vertical flip of graphics.
Graphics bank.JPG
Graphics bank.JPG (42.85 KiB) Viewed 72 times
Essentially the same functionality that exits from the "Monster Graphic Banks" and "Game Objects"
MonstersGraphicBanks.JPG
MonstersGraphicBanks.JPG (56.83 KiB) Viewed 72 times
Is this feature not implemented or am I making things too complicated, i.e is there a smarter way of accomplishing this?

Thanks!
jsherman

Re: "Graphics bank" flip frame (flip V/H) like you can in "Game Objects"? "Monster Graphic Banks"?

Post by jsherman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am

Unfortunately, the NES cannot flip background tiles, only object sprites.
"Turtle Rescue" updates can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=112
Goose

Re: "Graphics bank" flip frame (flip V/H) like you can in "Game Objects"? "Monster Graphic Banks"?

Post by Goose » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:18 am

jsherman wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am
Unfortunately, the NES cannot flip background tiles, only object sprites.
Thanks jsherman!

Where can I read up on how many tilesets I can use? The "GraphicsAssets" folder has BckCHR_00 to BckCHR_14 which seems to be plenty?