Export & Test Problems

jasongitar

Hi Everyone, I am just getting started with NESmaker and learning the Adventure tutorial, so please forgive my newbieness! So I'm at the point about 34 minutes into the youtube tutorial where I'm trying to export and test the screens I have created. In the black DOS looking type box I'm getting a bunch error messages about not being able to open files. I will attach a screen shot of it here. I have tried the NESmaker emulator and the FCEUX emulator and I am still getting the pop up box saying "Error Compiling Stuff....please check any code changes you made". Any help getting past this point would greatly greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Can't open file.jpg
    Can't open file.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 3,132
  • Export Test Error 2.jpg
    Export Test Error 2.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 3,132

chronosv2

Looks like you've forgotten to import a module. The modules define the scripts that are used in the project.

Edit: Also check to make sure your antivirus didn't eat the files. But it's trying to compile so I think the module hasn't been imported.

jasongitar

Thank you for your help chronosv2. I imported the adventure module and now I have a new error message. Any idea on what I can do here?

Attachments

• Error Compiling 2.jpg
    Error Compiling 2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 3,120

chronosv2

You need to import the Adventure sound pack from the BetaAssets\Music\Adventure_MusicAndSounds.txt file.

jasongitar

Thanks again Chronosv2. I imported the sound files as you suggested, but I am still getting the same exact error message, I feel pretty stuck at this point, not sure what to do.

dale_coop

Staff member
And you need to import the Adventure Module: in Project menu "Import project module"... and navigate in the NESMaker\Modules folder and chose the "AdventureModule.MOD" file.

dale_coop

Staff member
You need to modify your "Powerup_IncreaseMoney.asm" script, see this post: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=735

jasongitar

Hi Dale, thank you for your help, I changed the code in the script and I have one less error message about the increase money, but still the same problem, I will post screen shot. What can I do now?

Attachments

• Error Compiling 4.jpg
    Error Compiling 4.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 3,037

dale_coop

Staff member
In fact it's because the Adventure Module has not been updated for the 4.0.11 (for the new Music&SFX variable system)
So I would suggest you to 1) Import the Platforme Module in your project (because the platform module is made for 4.0.11 and wills et all your sex variables)... And then, 2) re-import the Adventure Module (to reset all the correct scripts/settings for Adventure games)
You should not have anymore these playsound errors (unknown sfx/music variables).

jasongitar

Success!! Thank you so much Dale!!! Finally got both emulators working! Now the only problem I am having is the screen is glitching and all of the colors are off. The first picture is what it looks like in the emulator, the 2nd picture is what it is suppose to look like. With the HUD off it isn't as bad, but still glitching. Should this question be put under a different area? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Home Screen.jpg
    Home Screen.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 2,988
  • Emulator Home Screen.png
    Emulator Home Screen.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 2,988

chronosv2

Every TV or Emulator is a little different in how it displays colors. You can be assured that, more or less, you'll have a color but its exact shade is up to the display (Emulator or CRT) you're playing on.

Not sure about the missing blocks.

Edit:
This color comparison is from http://wavebeam.blogspot.com/2017/03/wavebeam-nes-palette.html

jasongitar

chronosv2 said:
Every TV or Emulator is a little different in how it displays colors. You can be assured that, more or less, you'll have a color but its exact shade is up to the display (Emulator or CRT) you're playing on.

Thanks Chronosv2, wow I didn't realize the display colors would be changing that much, It's seems like the HUD really affects the colors when it is on.

jasongitar

chronosv2 said:

Edit:
This color comparison is from http://wavebeam.blogspot.com/2017/03/wavebeam-nes-palette.html
compare-set1.png

Thank you for the comparison, all those emulators still keep the colors within reason and look good, mine are like completely opposite almost, going from brown to white. Thank you for showing me that!

chronosv2

It looks like the palette for one of your objects is off -- the palette that gets used isn't the one you assigned to the asset -- that's just a reference to BG Palette 1, 2, 3 or 4.
What actually matters are the palettes you assign to the screen. So if you set something to use palette 3 and palette 3 isn't the same palette things will look strange.

Top Bottom