Demo Game / Reverse Engineering

zeos101

Is there a non complied game we can download to learn file structure and over all structure like Reverse Engineering

Kinda work backwards from a small completed project

Thank you
Mike

cargo

spam bots yandex
As far as I've seen you are sort of expected to learn by doing your way through NESMaker's tutorial videos at the new 8 bit heroes youtube channel. Try and follow Joe Granato as the takes you through a crash course on the basics of the adventure and platform modules.

MistSonata

Search google for "NES disassembly" and you'll find that there are disassembled and commented code for classic NES games that you can look through. I like to look through this Super Mario Bros. disassembly from time to time myself, however you'll want to become more familiar with 6502 assembly before you try to make sense of what the code does.

zeos101

What I am kinda thinking is a game that has been created via this tool that is not complied ( like a title screen and say 1 level completed )

Then we can load it up and get a more in depth idea of the ins and outs of this wonderful tool

Thoughts comments?

dale_coop

Staff member
Hmmm...
The tutorial videos explain exactly how we make our first game.
Them if you want to know about specific behaviors of our games and explanations, take a look at the Code section :p

Top Bottom